You seem <iretrevably> stuck in the past.

In any event, nobody is saying it is a better way of operating, clearly full
K/M support wouldd be welcomed by most pentax users who have these lenses
and wish to use them. But given that is not going to happen, the support
offered at present is pretty dam good.

A.