On 18/9/04, Caveman, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Cotty found the solution ;-)
>
>Nick Clark wrote:
>> I think you'll find that K/M legacy lens support is worse with other
>manufacturers than with Pentax.

Hmm. I did what I did because I enjoy the old Pentax lenses and the
quality is first rate. Looking back, I switched away from Pentax because
the *ist D was still over a year away and I did not want to wait, and
because I believed an 'upgrade path' to a high end DSLR was not going to
be forthcoming.

Since the *ist D has been out, I have felt no regret. If I had waited for
the *ist D I would have been disappointed and switched right away.

My Pentax allegiance still remains, but to a company that I knew in the
70s and 80s.

You pays yer money, you takes yer choice.

Having said that, I would definitely consider an *ist Ds and a wide prime
for the pocket! Way cool.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__