Kevin Waterson felt left behind when he wrote:

"It urks me that there is a 7 megapixel P&S, Optio750Z, but the
'flagship' is but a mere 6. Any rumours on when we can expect the
next leap forward?
Will there be another leap forward for pentax in DSLRs?
Are there enough Pentax users to justify a 12 Mp offering?
With the 12 Mp offerings by others, I am for the first time
thinking of jumping ship. I sorta feel like I am being kept
in the dark as to what Pentax is doing. If more info was
available, like, 8Mp *istD to be released in Feb or something.
Even a release to say 'Pentax will no longer release DSLRs'.
Just to know would be nice. People like me need to make
business decisions based on emerging technology."

Pentax already makes cameras that yield 20 million pixel digital images if
you use them right.

http://pic.templetons.com/brad/photo/pixels.html

Tom Reese