To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 9:16 AM
Subject: RE: Lexar 2 GB 80X

I have a standard Sandisk 1Gb and a Lexar 40X WA 1Gb card and the write speed in the *istD is virtually identical at around 9 secs. I guess the camera is the limiting factor.

My Pentax 43WR is greatly improved with a Sandisk Ultra II SD card compared to a standard one. So it could be that it's just Lexar with their WA technology that's rubbish.

Anyone got a Sandisk Ultra II CF card for the *istD?

Nick

-----Original Message----- From: "Joseph Tainter"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   Has anyone timed how fast the D will write a raw file to a normal speed
   SanDisk? Does someone want to time it to find out? I am wondering
   whether there is any point in buying the faster cards for the D.