Hi Steve,

Sorry for the late replay.  to answer both your questions:

I've never used the 2.5 version so I can't compare but I am extremely happy with the SP90 2.8 (Non DI version). Now they've released a DI (digitally integrated) version which is supposed to perform better with digital SLRs.

I also know someone tho has SP90/2.8 (the non DI version) on a canon eos 10d DSLR and he is happy with the results he's getting. I have no hands on experience with the DI version but I think that Tamron would be very careful about messing about with one of their mainstay products.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Just thought of another question.  Do you have the
"Di" version of this lens?

--- Patrick Genovese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Why don't you consider the legendry Tamron SP90
f2.8. True the focal length is a littile bit shorter but its an awseome
lens and a great portrait lens to boot.

Perhaps its only flaw is that it tends to hunt a bit
in AF mode but then Macro lenses tend to be used in MF mode anyway.

Insofar as sharpness is concerened it is as sharp as
they get. I've got one and it has never ever let me down.

Steve Pearson wrote:

Does anyone have extensive knowledge/use of Sigma's
Macro lenses? I'm thinking of both the EX

versions,

as well as their new digital line "DG" series. Although they are both priced the same @ B&H for

the

105mm lens, they would appear to be around $200

less

than the new Pentax DA 100mm lens that is still to
come.

Anyone have any sample photos they would like to
share?

Thanks again all!

Y! Messenger - Communicate in real time. Download

now.

http://messenger.yahoo.com