Graywolf mused:

> BTW for anyone interested SSL (how your credit card information is transmitted
> over the internet) uses 128bit encription. My point throughout this has been
> that expensive and impossible are two very different things.

But that 128-bit is a 128-bit block cipher, which is considerably more secure
than (insecure) 128-bit RSA.  Don't confuse the two types of encryption.

Expensive, as in "costs more than the gross national product for the next
million years", is as close to impossible as makes no difference in my book.