But, a really determined thief will use a chainsaw on the walls. (Lock picking is so passé these days).

Graywolf wrote:

BTW for anyone interested SSL (how your credit card information is transmitted over the internet) uses 128bit encription. My point throughout this has been that expensive and impossible are two very different things.

There is an old thieve's cant that goes something like, "Any lock someone can build, someone else can figure out how to open".

--

cbwaters wrote:

I simply can not imagine somebody buying that monster computer and using it for a YEAR to crack my emails...that'd be pretty cost-ineffective. But then, there's always the government...

CW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graywolf"

Tell me again how secure your cipher is from brut force decryption (grin). Next year's IBM should be able to do that 2048 bit jobby in one year all by its lonesome.