let's see:
say, iso 800 at dslr would have the same noise as 100 at digicam.
that's 3 stops difference.
the digicam's lens is 2 stops faster. IS would give you another stop
or two (don't forget
the lack of the mirrir slap too).
so in the end, you are either doing just as well or have lost one stop
with a dslr.
that's not what i understand is "much better overall".
otoh, the AF speed (and responsiveness in general) is indeed something
dslr is going to have an edge over digicam, i suppose. then again, there is the
weight and bulk of dslr (and at least 2 lenses) vs. digicam (and a
lighter tripod
to support it).
so it's not that obvious after all, is it?

best,
mishka