You want the truth or seen through a Leicaphiles eyes...

Keith Whaley wrote:

J. C. O'Connell wrote:

all else being equal, an APS sensor is going to
be quite a bit sharper at 5 Mp than a 10mm diagonal 5mp
sensor unless both the lenses used are infintely sharp. and since
this digicam has a 12x zoom that isnt very likely.
My guess is at same noise levels the the APS image
would look much sharper. there really isnt much point in
having a itty bitty sensor over magnifying a tiny patch of
a mediocre lens....
JCO

It's a Leica lens. Is it still a mediochre lens?

keith

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke