>Unfortunately, I found out yesterday that my old 1.7/50 (A) is blocked -
>I can move between aperture 1.7 and 11, but not smaller and not A.
>

>BTW: is this a common problem, that the aperture lever of the lenses gets
>worn out? It's this small platic block within the gap of the mount that
>transfers the chosen aperture to the body (correct English terms?)

When my A50/1.7 aperture got stuck, it was because one of the metal
tabs inside the aperture ring, at the A button, had come loose. This
loose piece of metal prevented the ring from turning through all the
stops. So I removed the offending piece of metal, and now the aperture
works fine.

But, unfortunately I never got the A electrical contacts back into
place, so now my A 50/1.7 is an M 50/1.7.

--
John Mustarde