On Tue 2001-05-01 (19:12), John Mustarde wrote:
> When my A50/1.7 aperture got stuck, it was because one of the metal
> tabs inside the aperture ring, at the A button, had come loose. This
> loose piece of metal prevented the ring from turning through all the
> stops. So I removed the offending piece of metal, and now the aperture
> works fine.

ok, I see that this is a frequent problem.

For mine it's the small, front metal piece, too. I removed it, put may
just reglue it again (two-component-glue). Unfortunately I lost the pin
that fixes the aperture - is this a small ball, cap or stick?

> But, unfortunately I never got the A electrical contacts back into
> place, so now my A 50/1.7 is an M 50/1.7.

There are two of those metal pieces. One is to lock against A, the other
one is to keep A. Without metal you should glide directly to A? Without A
I guess you lost the other pin that moves out of the socket in A-position?

Regards
Martin