Add to this IS in camera won't work with full frame sensors as most
  lenses image circle is not big enough.

  As for the stabilized image in the viewfinder - how important is
  that? If image is so shaky you cannot follow your subject it's
  likely the IS can't help either.

  Also, rotation has vertical and horizontal components, so in body
  IS can compensate as well. Forward/backward movements have no impact
  for anything else than macro.

  With regard to AS reliability, one can go to Konika-Minolta site,
  follow a link to A2 and watch a small animation with a bare AS in
  action. It involves moving the data paths as well and indeed the
  amplitude is worrying. Time will tell how reliable is Minolta's
  solution. I can only hope they succeed and restore some competition
  in the DSLR arena.

  Servus,  Alin