I haven't had any problems with bulkloading 35mm and static
electricity at all. Perhaps you have been loading the film in some
very static-prone environment (new houses with all strange new
materials come to mind)?. Or you had just bad luck.

About the only problem with bulkloading was getting the last exposure
on the roll. I always had the last frame on the film half faulted by
light when I glued it into the cassette.

I should stock up on bulk loaders (I also have the bakelite one like
Bill, it's nice), when all the film you can buy will come in long
rolls some backup loaders will come in handy...

Good light!
           fra