----- Original Message ----- From: "Collin Brendemuehl"
Subject: One Last Film Body Survey

If Pentax were to produce one last new film cameras, what would you want it to be?

My choice would be something like the LX but cut cost by eliminating the removable finder and use a different mirror bumper system that doesn't need regular maintenance (sticky mirror). Add the other modes, "A" interface, and a spot meter & we're set. Probably a $500 body. But built to last a lifetime.

A $500 body will only last a lifetime if it sits mostly on a shelf, which is, I suppose, where film SLRs are headed.

Since this proposed camera isn't going to sell enough units to make money, I would like a camera to match the build qualities of the limited lenses.

William Robb