Jon M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:
> > It would be wonderful if you want to pay $3000.00 US
> or so. No make that $4000.00.
>
> I guess I'll be forced to stick with my $250 LX then.
> What did the LX sell for when new anyway?

Interesting topic...
In Italy they ranged, body+FA-1 finder, from ITL 1.650.000 to
5.000.000 during the period 1986-1997 (in US$ something like
1000 to 2500). I have a 1980 issue of a magazine with a hands on
preview of the LX and a comparison to the Nikon F3; their
supposition about the launch price was ITL 830.000 (around US$
520).
A couple of years ago I had a project in mind regarding exactly
that, tracing the price variations of the LX over its life in
the Italian market, with the proper exchange rate in US$.

Ciao,

Gianfranco

=====
_