Monday, October 25, 2004, 9:58:48 PM, Jens wrote:
JB> Did I hear someone here give the advice NOT to buy the SV version?
JB> Mine has seen better days and it's time to replace it. But I like the
JB> sharpness and speed. Even for digital.
JB> Jens Bladt

Hi Jens, I mentioned the SV version, but I did not give _advice_ to
_not_ buy it. I just thought that it wasn't as well built as the old
2.6-2.8 or the new 28-80 versions, which feature all metal
construction (while the SV I believe has plastic zoom and focus rings,
or at least they feel so). In fact, even the SV is way better than all
the consumer zooms. I found it a somewhat veiled wide open but for the
price, what can you ask for... equivalent lens from Pentax is much
more expensive. Consider the Tamron XR 28-75, I saw it when Gianfranco
was in Prague (trough the LX's viewfinder, you can tell a lot about a
lens <g>), and I liked it a lot. Except, it does change length during
zooming, which for me rules it out (I hate lenses that change
length...).

Good light!
           fra