I'm not sure of your issue with the Fuji RAW format, Albano. You say you
print 5X4 jpegs at 1MB in size okay - have you tried printing a large/
fine jpeg at 10X8 ?

One thing you must remember is that the physical attributes of the sensor
play a much larger role than most people understand. A file from a Canon
D30 (3MP) will print up much better than a file (say) from a 5MP Sony
DSC-F717 simply because the larger sensor of the D30 has less apparent
noise than the much smaller sensor of the Sony.

This page may be of interest:

<http://www.dpreview.com/news/0210/02100402sensorsizes.asp>

This may be old news for you - apologies if it is. I offer it as a
possible pointer to a solution for you.

Best,

Cheers,
  Cotty