Hi all,

Back from a quick biz trip to Hong Kong. On the way (in Sydney, rather than HK), I picked up an Optio S5i to play with. Not really my first digcam, but at least one that I can have on me all the time.

I didn't notice it at first, because I was playing with it on the plane, but once I got into a quiet room, I noticed that the focusing on the cam has a curious rattling sound, like little grains of rice being shaken inside the camera. It's been behaving normally - the pix are fine. But before I embarrass myself in front of the saledroids at the duty free shop, I thought I might ask this learned group, is this normal?

Didn't see that much in the HK shops to interest me - things were about the same price as duty free here. Then again, I only had time to wander around Stanley St in Central Hong Kong, so this was probably a bit more expensive than out in Kowloon.

What was with this odd "public holiday" last saturday that meant 2nd hand gear couldn't be sold?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~derbyc