Way OT, but while we're at it...

Re: Smart Cars

One sees quite a few of these in Paris, and probably other congested European cities, which is where they belong. I recall seeing them first being advertised in London in late 1999.

In January 2002 a French colleague took me to see his project in Lorraine, eastern France. About twice a day we would see a Smart car on rural roads. My colleague explained that in the countryside, these cars are driven by convicted alcoholics. By some quirk of French law they are not considered automobiles, so people with suspended licenses buy them.

Back on topic: my wife took a picture of one with her Pentax ZX-50 and SMC F 35-80 f4.0-5.6.

Joe