From: frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Gas Guzzlers

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:35:07 -0700, Keith Whaley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Let's see...that's about the same, F or C, isn't it.
> Either way, I'll back out of any commitments in that kind of weather.
> You could freeze your bippy without knowing it!
>
> Nope. I'll stay in So.Cal, where, when it goes below PLUS 40 degrees
> it's "damned cold" by local opinions.
> I grew up on the south-eastern border of Lake Erie, and know something
> of highly piled snow and bitter cold and winter winds.
> That's ONE of the reasons I moved to So. Cal.

Again, you are correct, sir!

-40 is the one place on the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales the numbers
and the temp is the same.

South eastern border of Lake Erie?  In New York State somewhere south
of Buffalo?  Pennsylvania around Erie?  I was just in both of those
places on the bus to Pittsburgh to meet Mark Roberts for the GFM
travelling road show and extravaganza.  Hard to tell what kind of
place Erie is from the bus terminal.  Buffalo is pretty much exactly
like their bus terminal...

cheers,
frank

PeoplePC Online