On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 06:27:15 +0200, Boris Liberman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> ft> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2782878
>
> ft> Here's one I'm not sure of (for obvious reasons)  I won't say anything
> ft> more, but I'd be real interested to hear what y'all think.
>
> Frank, I am sorry I am _very late_ for this one, but here are my
> pixels.
>
> For me, it just does not work. If you wouldn't name the shot the way
> you did it, I couldn't guess it was in the library. Perhaps a backyard
> of some book store, perhaps some more odd location.
>
> I cannot read this shot. Either it is me or it is you. Or may be it is
> both.
>
> No offence please, I am being honest :).
>
> See you.

Never any offense taken, Boris.  I'm glad that you looked and
commented.  Not every photo works for everyone (especially some of
mine <g>).

The following will likely make no difference as to whether you like
the photo or not, but from your post, I'm not sure that you're aware
of all the meanings of "library".  Since English isn't your first (or
second?) language, you may not be aware that a library is not just a
big place where one goes to borrow books.  It can be a room in a house
where one keeps one's books, and reads them or sometimes quietly chats
with acquaintances.

In this case, we have a photo of the library in a friend's house.
It's just the room where she has large bookcases and keeps many of her
books.  There's a big table and she's working at it (you can barely
see her face at the bottom of the window).  It was taken from her
backyard at night.  I was actually taking a photo of her alleyway (on
the right) when I noticed the window and the library, and I thought
they balanced the alleyway nicely.

I called it "In the Library" because I hadn't noticed Noelle when I
took the photo, and so I wanted to have viewers "look into the window"
with me to look at her bookshelf, and then find Noelle, as I did.

Anyway, none of that is likely to make any difference to you, but I
did want you to know that library has more than just one meaning.  If
you already knew that, I hope you don't take any offence;  I wasn't
trying to sound patronizing or anything.

thanks again for looking and commenting,
frank