sorry I meant kA-mount APS size digital sensor camera when I  said APS
camera
JCO

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nelson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 9:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M42 ultra-wide

I think that rob's point is that while focal length is nearly the same,
AOV isn't, and hence a comparison of AOV is more pertinant to the
discussion of APS vs FF. Comparing the DA 14mm with the FA 20mm shows
nicely how the APS lens isn't a saving in size and weight (or
cost!) for an equivalent AOV.
You talk about an APS camera. The *ist D is not one of these - it's a
35mm body with an APS sized sensor in it. An APS camera would have a
smaller lens-film distance, a smaller mount or something like that. The
*ist D is saddled with 35mm's heritage.

Cheers,
Procrastinating David