This one time, at band camp, Steve Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also, I assume there are no voltage issues when using
> the PC terminal with the istD?

Nope, works fine for me.
Here is an example studio portrait with the istD.
This is a very simple 2 light setup with 1 stop between them to
give a little dimension. I still dont like the shadow cast by the arm.
http://www.wildcherry.com.au/index.php?p=photo&photo_id=14

With a single light and a reflector you can do much. I use a lastolite
white reflector with an arm that attaches to a stand that holds it in
place. Like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30080&item=3849465532&rd=1
...Not my auction, just an example ...

You can achieve much with a single light, particularly with Black and White for
dramatic lighting. The addition of a reflector will get you started. A word of
warning, once you start buying this stuff, you will think the price of the
*istD trivial ;)

Enjoy
Kevin
---------