Hi all,
I've been following the "PUG comments" thread and
would like to give my opinion.
I consider Shel's critique was too hard. How can one
call a photo 'amateurish' when nobody said the PUG was
reserved to pros? Also, most things 'have been
photographed thousands
of times, rarely to any great effect'. You could said
that about just any subject.
 Anybody can like or dislike any photo, and negative
critiques are sometimes the most useful, but there's
no need to use such harsh words IMO.
I never thought that some people wouldn'like to have
their photos commented, because really I like to, but
it seems there are many who feel that way, and I
respect them. So, perhaps Chris' idea is best: people
who would like to know the members' opinion can state
it in their posting, and let's assume the others just
want to share their work but don't want any feedback.
As for me, I will use the caption "Please comment -
Only positive critiques are accepted" :)
Luis