Ryan Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Was just looking at some places in Europe to go as a side trip
for a couple
> of days on my trip to Europe. Have been offered Dublin,
Munich, Frankfurt,
> Vienna, Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, Rome, Zurich, Edinburgh,
Helsinki, Madrid,
> Copenhagen, Prague as a free sidetrip. On a starving student's
budget, any
> suggestions on a good place to rove about for a day or two?

Hi Ryan,

>From a budget point of view, probably Prague is still unbeatable
among the cities you mention. It's a really lovely city, so you
cannot go wrong. Rome is beautiful for sure but quite expensive
(less than Paris - I think Edinburgh and Copenhagen are the more
expensive of the lot, though). Dublin is a great place for young
people (how old are you, Ryan?), I regret not going there when I
was 20 (the same goes for Prague, though)...
I have never been in Madrid nor in Berlin or Amsterdam, but I've
been told that they are great places to visit, with a very
interesting night life (you do not mention Barcelona, which
could be another great place to spend your time). What would you
like to find? Monuments, museums, interesting people, good food,
all/none of the above?
About your safety: those are all big cities (well, Zurich is not
that big...), and you should probably better be careful, but not
too much. If you are from a small town, well... be extremely
careful.

Ciao,

Gianfranco

=====