I seem to remember that someone found out that certain Canon
synch cords are compatible.  Mark in Michigan, mebbe?

Alan Chan wrote:

Only the centre contact is located the same. It means you can fire the flash, but no extra communication, no auto zoom, no ttl or anything else. Just plain manual focus. So they are not compatible.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

Could anyone who uses both Pentax and Nikon equipment please let me know whether the pentax 5p type cord (with hotshoe adapters) and the SC-17 type nikon cords are interchangeable. The contacts seem to be in the same configurations. Are they?