> From: Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2004/11/05 Fri PM 02:42:45 GMT
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: White Pitbull (an hommage to Elliott Erwitt)
>
> Yes, if it's not per capita of the dog population, then it's exactly
> what one would expect, since Golden Labs are very common in most
> countries.
> On Nov 5, 2004, at 9:03 AM, Doug Franklin wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 9:27:01 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> >> Number one in the UK biters (number of bite incidents, severity not
> >> counted) league ........ Golden Labrador.
> >>
> >> Alsatian, Dobermann, Pit bull, Rottweiler - none of them in the top
> >> ten.
> >
> > Just curious if that ranking is in total number of incidents, or is it
> > normalized in some way?
> >
> > TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ

Exactly the point I was making.  All those docile old mutts that have finally had
enough of the kids swinging from their ears finally take a bite.  IIRC, the rest of
the top ten was made up of lap dogs and other assorted pets.  No guard or attack types
there because people tend to keep out of their way.

Pit bulls were bred from bull terriers as fighting dogs (hence "pit") and are, as a
breed, not one I would contemplate as a pet.

mike