Paris is very enjoyable, although the locals aren't as friendly as in Prague, Amsterdam, Scandanavia or Italy.

Learn the Metro (subway). It is very convenient and very useful. Don't miss the Louvre, the Eifel Tower, Notre Dame and the usual sights. Walk around the left bank a lot. Many colorful areas and nice cafes. The Luxembourg Gardens is a great place to relax, enjoy the sights and watch -- or photograph -- the people. The Rodin museum was one of my favorite, especially the outside garden. The bread and the wine and the creme brulee are unequalled, and the food, pastries and chocolate are pretty good as well. It's hard not to enjoy yourself in a place like Paris.

Dan M

Ryan Lee wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion Daniel. The folks of a friend of mine are in
Dublin- he was already prepping to furnish me with a flurry of addresses,
but I just finalised where I'll be. Paris over the new year. Top of my list,
Montmarte! :-) The travel agent was telling me it'd be more worth it to
choose somewhere else instead of Prague because UK to Prague I could get
rather cheaply on Easyjet instead, so I could use the free sidetrip to
somewhere else. However, with what Paris'll cost me, I think I might miss
out on Prague :-(! Oh well..

Any of you fellas in Paris?

Cheers,
Ryan