There are known issues with the battery grip. I don't own one and don't recall the details, but as far as I have been told in effect it seems unusable for prolonged batterie life. It seems to be a design problem and I know of no workaround. I don't even know if you can use batteries only in the grip or only in the body.

Maybe someone else does know more details about this issue.

Sam

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Sanderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Here's what happened:
(I was at shot #1351)

1.) Camera had original CR-V3's.
2.) Battery Grip had Alkaline AA's.
3.) Battery indicator said 100% full.
4.) As soon as I plugged in the USB cable battery indicator went to
empty and camera warned me and shut off.
5.) Removed the battery grip and battery (CR-V3) said 100% again.
6.) Replaced Alkalines (the old ones were low) and grip, and now
battery says full.

Do I take it by this that the camera DOES NOT drain the onboard
batteries as long as the grip is attached and has good batteries?

Don