Mishka mused:

> you mean, pentax did the right thing by tranfering their expenses
> (software development) on customers (storage).

Since you put it like that - yes.  Better for them to get the camera
out earlier, and allow additional models to come out sooner.  Not to
mention that the additional R&D costs to write the software would
probably add more to the cost of the camera than the additional
storage.  Certainly I'm sure that the owners who never use RAW mode
would rather have a cheaper camera than pay extra for features that
they will never use.

It's the same as the complaints about lack of the aperture coupler;
some folks just expect everybody else to subsidise their preferences.