Ah yes more sophistry.

John Francis wrote:

Mishka mused:

you mean, pentax did the right thing by tranfering their expenses
(software development) on customers (storage).

Since you put it like that - yes. Better for them to get the camera out earlier, and allow additional models to come out sooner. Not to mention that the additional R&D costs to write the software would probably add more to the cost of the camera than the additional storage. Certainly I'm sure that the owners who never use RAW mode would rather have a cheaper camera than pay extra for features that they will never use.

It's the same as the complaints about lack of the aperture coupler;
some folks just expect everybody else to subsidise their preferences.

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke