Yes you need a hot shoe that screws onto the umbrella
adapter. Either 1/4" or 3/8" thread. There is a
genuine pentax adapter that screws into the umbrella
adapter. This one allows the use of dedicated flash
functions (such as TTL, contrast control etc.). I
think it is termed off-camera shoe adapter F (- don't
mix it up with the hot shoe adapters F and FG that do
not have a tripod mount).
Alexander

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Pearson"
Subject: RE: Help me find a flash/umbrella bracket

> Thanks for the suggestion.  However, I don't think
> this will work for what I'm trying to do.  I'm
trying
> to mount a "hot shoe" style flash, say a Vivitar
285,
> and then bounce it into an umbrella.  Maybe I did
not
> see the flash mount on this bracket???

> I'm sure Larson makes such a thing. I have a couple
of them for my
> old portable system, pretty sure they were Larson.
> Have you checked with Porter's? They used to carry
all sorts of neat