Fra: Keith Whaley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 14. november 2004 13:05
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: Tokina 1:2.8~4.3 28-70mm (PKA mount)

Jens Bladt wrote:

> Funny you should ask: I was just leaving the house to make test shots,
> comparing
>
> Tokina 2.8-4.3/28-70mm
>
> Tokina AT-X ProII 2.6-2.8/28-70mm
>
> Pentax SMC-F 4-5.6/35-80mm

This lens is, I think, still made. I used mine extensively on recent
trips and find that at 35mm, wide open, it's not all that sharp.
That's merely one observation, and I've not made it a priority to check
it out more carefully, but right now it's on probation!
I like the convenience of the lens, but...unless it performs better than
that, it will have a short life.

If you plan to test it further, I'd be interested in seeing what you get
out of it.

> The only standard zoom lenses I have got until I get myself a 18-35mm,
> 18-50mm or a 16-45mm.
>
> I'll check the focusing as well and post some tests later today.
> I did some casual test shots the other day, but couldn't really tell the
> difference - and I thought the Pentax was doing pretty well, cosidering
the
> cost of the lens.

I suspect this may end up being a 'sunlight' lens. One I use only on
sunny days (stopped down to f/8 or so)  and am otherwise quite happy
with. For me, in the midrange of apertures, it seems to perform well.

keith whaley