Fra: Amita Guha [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 17. november 2004 02:51
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: seeking recommendations for a good 300mm prime

I had a chance to shoot some birds on Cape Cod last week, and - surprise! -
my old Sigma 70-300mm was just as crappy at bird shots as it was the last
time I tried it. ;) So I decided to come home and just run down to B&H and
buy the FA 300mm f/4.5. But now I can't find it on the website at all. It's
not even listed as backordered; it's just not there. Does anyone know if
this lens is being discontinued? And if it is, does anyone have one they'd
like to sell me? :)

Failing that, can anyone recommend a good third-party lens? I just want a
reasonably fast lens that I can hike with and that has some nice contrast.
An f/4.5 would be fine.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Pentax? There are a couple of other
lenses I'm interested in that aren't available. Are they slowing down
production or shifting everything over to consumer digicams?

Amita