Hi List,
           I wonder if anyone can help me with an identity crisis I have
with Pentax cords.

I have just received a used Pentax Remote Control System from KEH.com which
I wish to use on my Super A + Motor Drive A. I also ordered what they
described as:

"INFRARED REMOTE RELEASE POWER CORD 4P (MOTOR A)"

Having examined the cord, it looks like it's designed to fire a flash unit
not the Motor Drive A and looks identical to the cord shown on Bojidar
Dimitrov's site at
http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/flashes/cords/sync_4PC.jpg.

Bojidar suggested posting the query on the List as he is unable confirm the
correct cord needed. I downloaded the manual for the Pentax Remote Control
System last night and on page 11 of the pdf file if I read it correctly, the
cord I need to fire the Motor Drive A is:

Infrared Remote Release Power Cord 5p

I would be very grateful if anyone on the List can confirm this is the
correct cord for the above configuration and, if so, can you let me know
where I might purchase either a new or used version of it.

Thanks for your time,

Pat Curran