----- Original Message ----- From:
Subject: Re: Film vs. Digital - A necessary test

Hi Shel,
I think you have it exactly right. My only reservation might be number 4. Perhaps it would be better to have a top pro lab produce the best possible print from each format. That might very well be a wet print from the negative and an inkjet print from the digital file. But I'm not sure. I think I would ask a photofinishing expert.

Wheatfield. What say you?

The Fronteir is the great equalizer.
The Fuji Frontier scans the negative, and not at a particularly high resolution.
I believe that the fair test is a good quality optical print from the
film, and a reasonable but not excessive amount of fiddling with the digital file, similar to what the wet print gets in printing strategy.
Don't compare a machine print from the negative to a hugely massaged digital file.

William Robb