> The optical performance of both is  excellent. I think that's true
> of all the Pentax 50mm lenses. Despite what might be said here, I
> doubt that anyone could tell the difference between them in terms
> of results.

I'd say that's probably generally true.

> However, the 1.2 is very expensive and probably not worth the
> extra money for most shooters.

The 50/1.2 is worth it if you do sometimes need the speed (not just
for low-light exposures but also for low-light focusing).  It (both
inK and A trim) is not as sharp as are many of the other 50's at
wider apertures (except wider than f/1.4 - <g>), but it is very
sharp at mid-apertures.

Fred