I can't really draw any conclusions from these itty-bitty web images. I want to see a 70 megabyte file before I condemn or endorse a lens.
Paul
On Nov 25, 2004, at 8:15 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:

On 25 Nov 2004 at 15:45, Joseph Tainter wrote:

"Is everyones DA 14 this soft in the corners?"

These images were announced on dpreview during the summer. Someone else
pointed out that one image in particular had noticeable corner softness.
I don't know what the outcome was for this particular lens, but it
seemed at the time that the lens might be defective.

It would be interesting to know. The image I pointed to was shot at F4, the
photographer also had an example shot of the same scene that I found later
which was shot at f2.8, it's sharp in the centre and moving out to about the
last 20% then :-P

http://www.pbase.com/image/31162979

Rob Studdert HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA Tel +61-2-9554-4110 UTC(GMT) +10 Hours [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/publications/ Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998