Peter J. Alling mused:

> All right how many 50's do we all have?  JCO doesn't count since I think
> he has at least a hundred.

I've only got three; the A50/f1.7 I've had for ages (I believe I got
it in 1983 when I bought my Super Program), the A50/f1.4 I picked up
through rec.photo.marketplace before all the sales moved over to eBay,
and the F50/f1.7 I was given by a neighbour together with his SF-1 and
Takumar 28-80.

I should also have an ME Super & M50/1.4, but that mysteriously vanished.

The original reason I ended up with Pentax was because of the quality
of the M42 50/f1.4; I bought one of those, and a Spotmatic II, with my
first paycheck.  I'm not sure which of the variants it was, but it was
the version current in 1972 (probably a Super Multi Coated Takumar).