I think it works. It appears to be virtually identical to the layer fix that I did following Bill's suggestion. I think the ultimate fix is going to be to shoot it when it's dark outside :-)
Paul
On Nov 27, 2004, at 2:32 PM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Hi Paul .... I couldn't help myself.  Just had to jump in here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~my-pics/pauls-tree.jpg

Tried to get it to look a little more like it was later in the evening
without totally disappearing the bluish tint outside and preserving the
blue lights on the tree. Selected the blue I wanted to preserve, inverted
the selection, used Hue/Saturation adjustment to adjust the blue and cyan
outside, using only saturation and lightness. Just did a Q&D sample ....
what do you think?

Shel

[Original Message]
From: Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 11/27/2004 10:42:49 AM
Subject: Bill's Layer Fix (Was Re: PESO: 'Twas the day after
Thanksgiving....)

I tried Bill Robb's suggested layer fix. It's here: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2914383&size=lg The original is here: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2912959&size=lg I prefer it with Bill's fix. It's still sufficiently gloomy outside, but the blue isn't so intrusive. Good idea, Bill. Next time I'll move that grill. In fact, if I get bored, maybe I'll paint it out later. It's a bit of work with the window panes, but it could be done.