Both my sister and niece have birthdays close to one another, and they are
near Christmas and Chanukah.  I was thinking about getting them a little
digicam - mostly so they can send me pictures.  Here's what I think would
be ideal, in no particular order:

Good, accurate autofocus without them having to fiddle much, if at all,
with various controls;

Enough pixels for 5x7 sized prints of reasonable quality;

Adjustable flash exposure (a few levels would be fine);

Zoom lens with something like a 28~90 or 35~105 or so range;

Reasonably fast lens (not one of those 5.6 to 9.0 types);

Able to make three or so levels of JPEG adjustment;

Non proprietary battery;

Possibly a connector so they can see pics on TV screen, maybe a slide show
feature;

Simple, easy to understand controls, easy to understand manual;

Not so big that they won't carry it with them, not so small that it's a
PITA to use;

Anything else that non techie folks might find useful in a digi cam ....
oh, yes, easy to load to a computer maybe with direct camera connection;

No need to load much, if any, software to make the camera useful for them
to send me email pics

Doesn't have to be a Pentax, but it would be nice since I could get help
here if need be.  I don't know anything about the Optios or other Pentax
digicam models.

Shel