NC>     From: "Jarek Dabrowski"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NC>      Could you tell more about Sigma 24/1.8 performance (sharpness, and
flare
NC>     control) ? Have you used it on a full-frame SLR ?

I tried it out on film few years ago. Wide open it was nothing
stellar. Also, wide open it has less relative transmission than
stopped down, thus the real T stop (f stop but defined as actual
light reaching the film, not theoretical amount of f stop) was
slightly less than 1.8, it was more like f/2.3 lens. but used at 2.8
it wasn't bad if I remember. It didn't impress me on the whole when I
compared it to such superb lenses as AIS Nikkor 2.8/24 I was using. I
never owned a Pentax 24mm lens, though, so I can't compare it to
these, but the 2.8 versions are said to be excellent as well. However,
from my limited experience with it, if you are looking for super-fast
lens for film or digital body, the wide aperture isn't usable anyway,
so you might be quite better either with 2.8/24 from Pentax (or for
cheaper, the 2.8/24 Sigma which was optically better than the later
1.8 in my opinion).

Standard disclaimer: Your mileage may vary. Lens testing and
comparisons between different people are a minefield of subjectivity.

All above comments are my opinion and may apply only to the samples I
actually tried out, not to all lenses of that type.

;-)

Good light!
           fra