Hi Rob,

Recently Rob Studdert wrote:

> I would like to put together a remote flash connection system so that I can
> use up to three flashes in parallel on my LX (am maybe the MZ-S) for
> creative TTL flash with macro images.

This is where Pentax screwed up.  If you want to use an LX or a
SuperProgram for TTL flash then you must stick to the 4P equipment
(analog).  The P/PZ and MZ/ZX bodies of course support both the 4P and 5P
setups (not yet sure about the MZ-S).

> I am fully aware of the components
> which allow this for the LX system however I am tired of chasing the parts
> which it seems are becoming more and more difficult to find let alone
> ridiculously expensive.

Very true...

> In any case I am not really pleased with height of the Flash grip and would
> prefer a simple low profile device with a tripod socket on its base for
> adaption to a macro flash bracket. I expect that to fulfil my needs I will
> need to modify existing components (and maybe also integrate third party
> products into the system).

You might have to resort to this option.

> Can the new digital flashes be connected in parallel like the old analogue
> units (I have absolutely no experience with them)?

Yes.

> The remote flash options available for the digital system look like what I am
> after (I saw a photo of Mark Cassinos set up on his equipment page however
> Bozs site has broken links and last time I looked B&H had no pictures). Can
> the new systems be used to facilitate basic TTL off-camera flash for the LX?

No, sorry.  You will need to use a Z/PZ or MZ/ZX body for this.  As for the
broken links, I just saw that "off-camera flash page" is borken.  Are there
any others?  The correct address for the off-camera page is
http://www.phred.org/pentax/k/extras/offCameraFlash.html

> Can someone provide links to pictures of the components (especially from
> directly above so that I can see the contact configuration)?

4P and 5P cosrds and sockets are incompatible.  You will have to use either
only 4P equipment (on LX, SuperProgram and the AF bodies) or only 5P
equipment (with the AF bodies).

> Anyone have any suggestions?

Three non-TTL flashes on 3rd-party slave triggers.  You will have to
experiment with the distance/power settings to get the results you are
after.

Good luck,
Boz