On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:40:13 US/Eastern, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>                 http://www.caughtinmotion.com/paw/mad1_04.jpg
>
> I took,what i think, are several nice fall colour pictures with the 6x7 and
> the PZ-1 this
> past October.
> Here is the one i like the best,from the 6x7.Taken a few miles south of the
> town of
> Madawaska, which is
> near Algonquin Park.
> Kodak E100VS scanned at 1200 in the Epson 2450. It came out bluer than the
> original, so i
> adjusted the
> colour balances.It's not 100% but close.
>
> May take this one to Brother Aaron for an 11x14 or 16x20. He tells me he can
> do wonderfull
> things now
> with his new scanner and Mac.:-)
>
> As always enjoy and comments welcome.
>
> Dave

Hey, Dave,

Still playing catch-up with PAW's and PESO's.

Haven't read the other comments yet, so I don't know if I'm the only
one, but it seems a bit dull on my monitor.  Judging by the clouds,
that has something to do with it, although it seems that the
foreground is kind of sunny.  Whatever, the leaves just don't seem to
have that "oomph" that I'd like to see for a Fall Colour Spectacular,
as this was apparently intended to be.

That being said, I do like the rocks and trees in the foreground -
gives it a nice feeling of depth, and balances the sky nicely.  The
composition generally is most pleasing.  The clouds are nice and
dramatic.

Despite my leading with a negative criticism, it is a lovely photo, it
just seems that it could be so much better if it were brighter, IMHO.

cheers,
frank