It's interesting... I just retraced my steps and found out how I got to www.markdownsoftware in the first place. It was from a link provided by amazon.com under the heading "Customers interested in Photoshop for Astrophotographers may also be interested in:".

There's also another link there for www.buysusa.com which offers Adobe software at 90% off. It says that one receives a full CD version which must be activated. I haven't read all the fine print, but I do find it amazing that amazon.com would be 'complicit' in encouraging copyright infringement.

Tom C.

From: mike wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Photoshop CS Bargain Basement
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:12:13 +0000

Mishka wrote:

just enjoy the program. adobe hasn't really lost anything. changing
the credit card
number may be a good idea, but other than that, i wouldn't worry about anything.
remember, there're india, russia (or, rather, ex-ussr) an china where people consider it utterly stupid to buy a legal copy of anything when one
can get it for free.
2 (3?) billion people cannot possibly be wrong :)

So right, in fact, that the copyright organisations seem to have come to an agreement with the pirates in, at least, Russia. You can now buy legitimate copies of software there for a fraction of the full price. The on-street price has about doubled. So Photoshop CS is about £4. The one drawback (and it's a doozy for many people on this list) is that English language copies seem to have disappeared.

mike