Congratulations on your choice of the Pentax MZ-S! It's a very enjoyable camera to use, with a high-quality feel to it. If you get the BG-10 grip, it's even better. The infra-red remote is handier than you might think, enabling self-portraits from as far away as 15-20 feet, and a good substitute for a cable release.

You're right about the minimal vibration. I've been able to get sharp pictures, hand-held, at surprisingly slow speeds.

The data imprinting feature is really appreciated, especially when doing a series of test shots. As for the film counter, I'm happy to say I just shot roll 253, and the camera works as well as the day I bought it. At 27 rolls, yours is nearly new. Happy shooting!

Pat White