----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom C"
Subject: Re: Photoshop CS Bargain Basement

I have thought this (the arguments above) to some degree myself in the past. It's an easy rationalization that one could make in order to justify use without a purchase. "I never would have bought it, so I'm not doing anything wrong". From the seller's standpoint, it's totally different.
The picture changes totally depending on whether you're the person benefiting from the free use or whether you're the person/corporation being deprived of income, losing sales, whatever you want to call it.

A percentage of the freeloaders would buy it if it wasn't possible to steal it.
In your scenario with the Jag, the lost sale is if you have the 75 grand in your pocket to buy the thing, but discover that you can get away with stealing it...
Where your scenaio fall apart is that you can't get away with driving the stolen Jag on public highways for long, they might just catch you.

William Robb