8400F is about US$140 at BHPHOTO...... in NYC. Anyone using the more expensive 9950F?

Otis Wright

Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:

Thibs wrote on 08.12.04 8:34:

I'm looking for a scanner.
I'm very budget limited so it'll probably be flatbed one.
I know Canon do affordable (almost) flatbeds with film back.

Of course it is nowhere near a film scanner but I do not expect it to.
I absolutely need a normal scanner. Film one may follow if budget does too.

Any clue? Canon? Epson?

I have just bought Canon 8400F which can scan 12 frames of 35mm strips, 4
mounted transpariences or 1 frame of 120 film. It has FARE Level 3 (Canon's
equivalent of ICE, GEM and ROC), so no more problems with scratches and
dust, 3200 dpi optical resolution and high power, moving fluorescent lamp,
which usually gives better final results than fixed ones with all-surface
lighting. It was about 250 Euro in Poland including VAT, so not that
expensive.