Hi Gang,

I've been working to eliminate spots, scratches, and imperfections on an
old B&W negative that has not been treated well.  Here's a sample section:
http://home.earthlink.net/~my-pics/sample.jpg  (50K file size)

Thus far I've been fiddling with this using the clone tool, healing brush,
and patch tool, and working sometimes on large areas and some very small
spots of only two or three pixels in size.

I'm wondering if there's a faster way to clean up this neg (considering
there's lots of fine detail in many areas that needs to be preserved) than
going in and using these spotting techniques.

Thanks!

Shel