Hi John ...

I have Vuescan, and maybe I'll give it a try on B&W just for kicks.  You're
ever so right that the interface is clunky <LOL>

One of the PS gurus at a lab I sometimes used suggested the graphire as
well, even though he uses the Intuos at work.  He feels that it's more than
adequate for most jobs.

Yellowknife, eh!  I got up there a few years ago on my drive to Alaska.
The place looked remote enough that a detour off the AlCan seemed like a
good idea.  How I love that area.  Unfortunately, I was expected in Alaska
and couldn't spend but a short time there, however,  I'd sure like to go
back again.

Thanks, John ...

Shel

[...]